Tri Balance Lesson Descriptions Levels 1-5
Which lesson should I take? Where do I belong?
Get Confidence and Learn to Swim – Can’t swim a length of the pool yet or afraid to tread water in the deep end?
Terribly Terrified and Learn to float programs are offered in our Private sessions.
This program is for adults that are comfortable in the water and would like to take the first steps towards learning front crawl. This class guides you through a series of drills that build upon the fundamentals to make you into an efficient swimmer. This style of swimming is ideal for triathletes who want to exit the swim refreshed and ready for the bike.
During this course you will develop mindfulness and the principle skills of balance, streamlining and propulsion.
This course is for you if any of these statements are true:
- I can barely swim 25m (one length)
- I have trouble breathing
- I can swim but I am exhausted
- I can float and glide and want to learn front crawl
This program is for adult swimmer developing mindfulness and the principles skills of balance, stability, and comfort.
Two kinds of clients fall into the Intermediate – Level 2 lessons.
- A beginner that has completed Level 1 – These lessons take your basic skills learned in the introductory classes and refines your technique in 3 main areas – breathing, 2-beat kick and perpetual motion You will understand the mechanics of your stroke better and learn to correct yourself based on your sensory awareness of your stroke.
- A swimmer and/or triathlete that feels they work too hard in the pool and would like to swim with ease and comfort. You learn a sequence of exercises that will help you not only swim faster and longer, but understand the mechanics of the stroke better. You will also learn to breathe easier, the 2-beat kick and the basics of perpetual motion.
This course is for you if any of the statements are true:
- Breathless after 50-100m
- Haven’t had lessons in a while
- You know you are using too much effort
- Don’t know how to breathe to both sides.
- Getting ready for your first triathlon
Intermediate – Level 3 – Yellow Belt
This program is for adult swimmers that need to improve the core-rotation, the kick, the catch, and the synchronization of each propulsive piece.
This program is for the ‘Kaizen’ swimmer – a swimmer that enjoys continuous improvement. We continue to refine technique with a deeper awareness of every part of the stroke and endlessly practice how all the components work together. This program will prepare you to swim longer distances with more ease and relaxation.
Intermediate – Level 4 – Blue Belt
This program is for swimmers developing deeper Kaizen skills for precision synchronization, finer focal points, and beginning to customize their training with metrics.
Sessions will include learning skills on:
- personal metrics for pacing – both where you are and where you want
- designed to improve your ability to hold consistent pace over your chosen distance
- designed to improve your pace over your chosen distance or expand your distances.
Our goal is to teach you the 5 metrics of swimming and how to use them to create your own swim practices designed specifically for you
This program is for you if:
- You can swim 1000m non-stop
- You may be stuck at a pace plateau
- Looking for a new personal best
Advanced – Level 5 – Black Belt
Our custom training plans and private sessions are for the advanced Total Immersion swimmer developing complete mastery over stroke and mental performance, under greater degrees of challenge. This programs will include how to pace yourself properly for racing, and how to swim faster, one practice at a time using the 5 metrics of swimming.