Penticton Camp Video 2018
CANCELLED FOR 2020 DUE TO COVID – 2021 DETAILS IN SPRING OF 2021
Total Immersion Open Water Swim Camp
Lake Wapapto, Chelan County, Manson Washington
This camp is designed for beginner and intermediate swimmers seeking Total Immersion instruction in the open water. Our philosophy is Kaizen swimming; creating continuous improvement by setting your intention to improve one swim skill at each session.
This is a technique-focused camp, teaching you to swim in open water with greater ease and flow, which allows you to swim long distances utilizing thousands of effortless uninterrupted strokes. Our camp is perfect for triathletes seeking to exit the water fresh and ready for the bike.
The Total Immersion Effortless Endurance – Level 1 workshop and Smart Speed Workshop – Level 2 is integrated with an open water workshop to give you an intense 3 day program.
It is highly recommended that attendees be able to swim 400 yards/meters comfortably to obtain the greatest benefit from this open water experience and have some familiarity with the Total Immersion drill sequence using balance, streamline, and propulsion.
Frequently asked questions and program details:
- Expert Total Immersion swim instruction and video analysis
- Safety swim bouy
- TI swim cap
- Great memories and long lasting friendships
Optional for purchase and highly recommended – Tempo trainer pro suggested – for sale on the TI website. Enter code coachteresa to receive 25% off
We are looking into blocking rooms aside for the group. It is not necessary to stay with the group. You are welcome to choose your own accommodation.
In addition to your normal clothing and toiletries, we recommend bringing the following items:
- 2 water bottles
- Plenty of sunscreen SPF 30+
- SPF lip protection
- Bug spray
- Shoes/sandals that can get wet
- Synthetic fleece to wear post-swim
- Running shoes and other workout gear as desired
- At least 2 pair of goggles or swim masks (tinted and mirrored lenses preferred)
- BodyGlide, Desitin or other anti-chafe cream
- Thermal shirt or wetsuit (for those who get cold easily)