When: Thursdays 6:30am – 7:30am Jan 30, Feb 6, 13, 20, 27, March 5
Where: Fitness 2000 9304 Salish Court, Burnaby BC V3J7C5
Free parking – do not purchase ticket but register licence plate at front desk parking map
Entrance to the pool is included in your registration fee.
Practice workouts will be given to complete between sessions.
Class limited to 6 people
IS THIS COURSE RIGHT FOR YOU?
This program is for adult swimmer developing mindfulness and the principles skills of balance, stability, and comfort.
Two kinds of clients fall into the Intermediate – Level 2 lessons.
- A beginner that has completed Level 1 – These lessons take your basic skills learned in the introductory classes and refines your technique in 3 main areas – breathing, 2-beat kick and perpetual motion You will understand the mechanics of your stroke better and learn to correct yourself based on your sensory awareness of your stroke.
- A swimmer and/or triathlete that feels they work too hard in the pool and would like to swim with ease and comfort. You learn a sequence of exercises that will help you not only swim faster and longer, but understand the mechanics of the stroke better. You will also learn to breathe easier, the 2-beat kick and the basics of perpetual motion.
This course is for you if any of the statements are true:
- Breathless after 50-100m
- Haven’t had lessons in a while
- You know you are using too much effort
- Don’t know how to breathe to both sides.
- Getting ready for your first triathlon