What is TI?
Millions of people all over the world love to swim the Total Immersion (TI) way because our technique is satisfying, easy to learn, and really works!
TI is the only program in history to have created a worldwide following of enthusiastic and empowered swimmers.
• TI gives average swimmers—even beginners–the knowledge, skills, and confidence to become their own best teacher.
• TI brings hope and a sense of accomplishment to those who have experienced only failure with traditional approaches.
• TI technique is healthful–injury free and good to your body–and adapts easily to any goal.
What’s Your Goal?
You probably found your way here because you aspire to do one or more of the following:
• Swim for pleasure, relaxation and well-being.
• Learn more efficient technique and improve skills.
• Swim farther. To complete your first lap . . . or your first mile.
• Swim faster. Not just to race (though we don’t rule it out) but for the satisfaction of steady and measurable progress.
• Explore open water or participate in triathlon.
• And most of all to enjoy swimming!
You’ve come to the right place. We guarantee that Total Immersion will help you achieve any goal that brought you here–and with surprising ease and enjoyment.
With TI, you don’t need youth, athleticism, special talents, or endless laps to become the swimmer you always wished you could be.
How Is Total Immersion Different?
A critical distinction between Total Immersion and other programs is that we also help you:
• Use your body intelligently and healthfully . . . to swim for life.
• Acquire skills that can help you learn and improve anything.
• Discover and develop new capacities . . . at any age.
We believe swimming is both an essential life skill and unparalleled as a way to enjoy peak physical and mental health throughout life. Our mission is to help people of all ages and abilities—and particularly those who don’t have access to coaching–achieve meaningful goals through intelligent, effective, satisfying practice.
In addition to achieving the goals that brought you here, you will also:
Feel better physically.
• Feel you’re working with the water.
• Finish each swim feeling refreshed and energized.
• Over the long term, feel fit, strong, and supple–and avoid injury.
Feel better about yourself.
• Have a stroke you’re proud of, and which others compliment.
• Set any reasonable goal, and feel confident of reaching it.
• Swim better every year . . . for life!
• Make swimming the best part of any day.
Thousands of TI swimmers have discovered these qualitative goals are not only realistic, but—when used as daily guidelines—improve your chances of realizing any speed, distance, or technique goal.